8-page CD booklet with French and English liner notes by Sylvain Pfeffer.
Peur sur la ville (1975) is the twenty-eighth full-length feature directed by Henri Verneuil and his fifth collaboration with Italian composer Ennio Morricone. The film provided French actor Jean-Paul Belmondo his first "cop" film role and was one of Henri Verneuil's biggest successes.
Minos (Adalberto Maria Merli), a lunatic serial killer, frightens Paris by phoning young ladies at night. Police Commissioner Letellier (Jean-Paul Belmondo) and his assistant Moissac (Charles Denner) investigate these vicious murders and have hard work with the maniac. Thus begins a heart-stopping manhunt through the capital to uncover the identity of this mysterious and terrifying Minos with one glass eye. The film remains to this day renowned for its stunts tailor-made for Belmondo, including the famous chase across the roofs of the Galeries Lafayette and the metro scene in Paris.
For Peur sur la ville, Ennio Morricone composed a heady main theme which is constructed laid over the rhythm of a heart pulse, provided by a bass drum, a solitary whistle voice and a harmonica. He also composed lighter pieces for the film, more of an “easy listening” nature dominated by a jazz guitar.
In collaboration with Gruppo Sugar, Music Box Records presents this new reissue remastered from the original master tapes and makes this new definitive edition available once again for those who missed the previous GDM (Italy) and SLC (Japan) editions. The package comes with an 8-page booklet with French and English commentary by Sylvain Pfeffer.
PEUR SUR LA VILLE
1. Peur sur la ville (4:13)
2. Considération sur un homicide (3:13)
3. Avvertire la polizia (1:56)
4. Dolcemente ambigua (3:21)
5. Minaccia telefonata n.1 (2:25)
6. Sur les toits de Paris (1:46)
7. Essere preso dal panico (1:29)
8. Une bouffée de radio (5:56)
9. Paris secret (2:18)
10. La scorta (1:11)
11. Paranoïaquement vôtre (4:12)
12. Le Tellier e Helene (1:08)
13. Minaccia telefonata n.2 (3:04)
14. Otages (4:31)
15. Assassino (1:08)
16. Défense de stationner (2:24)
17. À l'angle d'une rue de la périphérie (2:44)
18. Notturno primo (4:15)
19. Notturno secondo (4:41)
20. Mannequins (1:17)
21. Peur sur la ville (final) (1:44)
22. Peur sur la ville (suite) (15:15)
Total Time • 75:06