Music Composed and Conducted by Nicholas Dodd
Music Box Records - Limited Edition of 500 units
Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 1 point. Your cart will total 1 point that can be converted into a voucher of 0,25 €.
Newly remastered and expanded edition.
77 minutes of music including over 50 minutes of music never-before released.
12-page CD booklet with liner notes by Daniel Schweiger.
In collaboration with Onyx Films, Music Box Records proudly presents the remastered and expanded CD release of Nicholas Dodd’s original motion picture score to the 2006 animated tech-noir science fiction film Renaissance directed by Christian Volckman.
In 2054, Paris is a labyrinth where all movement is monitored and recorded. Casting its seductive shadow over the city is its largest company Avalon, which insinuates itself into every aspect of contemporary life to sell its primary export: youth and beauty. In this world of stark contrast and rigid laws the populace is kept in line and accounted for.
With its doom-drenched cityscapes populated by anguished detectives, cunning crooks and the femmes fatales who play them all like puppets, the black and white imagery of classic film noir has yielded any number of colorful film scores. This contrast has never been so striking as with Nicholas Dodd’s combination of Hollywood’s orchestral past and the pulsing electronics of France’s future for 2006’s Renaissance – a 2054-set movie truly before its time in pushing the genre’s visual and musical boundaries into the realm of animation. The English language version featured the voices of Daniel Craig, Jonathan Pryce, Romola Garai, Catherine McCormack and Ian Holm.
The soundtrack was issued on CD in 2006, it only included 25 minutes of Dodd's score and featured additional music by other composers. The current release adds about 50 minutes of powerful orchestral score performed by the Philharmonia Orchestra in London and features all the music written by Nicholas Dodd for the film, including cues not featured in film.
Produced, edited and assembled by Édouard Dubois in consultation with the composer and director, Music Box Records presents for the first time the expanded orchestral score to Renaissance, newly remastered from the recording sessions elements.
The package includes a 12-page illustrated booklet featuring exclusive in-depth liner notes by writer Daniel Schweiger and new comments by Nicholas Dodd, director Christian Volckman and music supervisor Édouard Dubois.
1. Prison Cell (01:06)
2. Paris 2054 / Descent Into Paris (01:21)
3. Opening Title (02:29)
4. Stakeout (01:45)
5. Back to the Bar / Ilona Kidnapped* (02:59)
6. The Abduction / Introspection** (01:33)
7. Bislane Commissariat / Muller and Karas (02:46)
8. Ilona in the Sphere, the Instant-Growing Tree* / Ilona's Theme* / Sting / Karas and Bislane (04:08)
9. Klaus' Childish Drawings* / Dimitri's Death (01:13)
10. Paris 2054 / Trouble With Sister (02:14)
11. Farfella's World (03:04)
12. Computer Face 2 / Sting Stab / Bislane Run (01:13)
13. Passion's Kiss / The Mortuary* (01:38)
14. Sting / Morgue to Car / The Shootout* / Fire / Sting 2 (02:31)
15. Sting / Computer Face 1 / Muller (02:18)
16. Bislane Investigation** (03:58)
17. Karas Picture (01:10)
18. Intrusion / Code Black (02:05)
19. Klaus and Ilona / The Carousel* / Delgado Fight (02:53)
20. Nocturne (En Fa Mineur Op. 55, No. 1 Andante) (02:57)
21. Karas Uncovers the Mystery of Klaus / Ending Title (03:45)
22. Passion's Kiss / Children (02:30)
23. Ilona / Muller and Ilona* / Muller's Sacrifice (04:25)
24. Karas Fight* (00:55)
25. Muller Death News / Klaus Drawing / Karas and Bislane (Love theme)* (03:34)
26. We've Found Him (03:45)
27. Karas Looking for Ilona / Klaus Strangle** (03:16)
28. Ilona and Karas Run (01:36)
29. Ilona Shot / Memories Forgotten (04:40)
30. Parisian Club #1* (01:34)
31. Parisian Club #2* (01:05)
*Not featured in film
**Contains music not featured in film
Total Time • 77:43