Music Composed by Lee Holdridge
Quartet Records - Limited Edition of 1000 units
Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 1 point. Your cart will total 1 point that can be converted into a voucher of 0,25 €.
Quartet Records and MGM proudly present the world premiere release of the original score to the 1983 family comedy MR. MOM, composed by Lee Holdridge (SPLASH, THE BEASTMASTER, EL PUEBLO DEL SOL, OLIVER’S STORY). Written by John Hughes, the hit film tells the story of a recently unemployed Detroit automotive engineer (played by Michael Keaton), who becomes a stay-at-home dad while his wife (Teri Garr) returns to a career in the advertising business.
Holdridge’s score is a sheer delight, providing a sophisticated component to the film. Descriptive, romantic, funny…thirty-seven years after its recording, it’s finally being released.
Working from recently located original mono ¼” tapes and 35mm 3-track mag, the CD contains the main score presentation and additional source music in mono, with surviving stereo tracks presented separately. This collection has been produced, edited and remixed by Neil S. Bulk, and mastered by Doug Schwartz, all with the composer’s approval. The full color package includes liner notes by Al Kaplan, featuring new comments from Holdridge.
Mono Score Presentation
1. Mr. Mom (Main Title) (2:02)
2. Fired (1:15)
3. The Bet (0:39)
4. First Day At Work / Awesome Job / A Good Day (1:17)
5. Crazy Days (2:45)
6. Man Against Vacuum (0:25)
7. More Crazy Days (2:12)
8. Fast Exit (0:28)
9. Another Good Day (0:56)
10. The Richardson Estate (0:21)
11. Missing Her (1:10)
12. Troubled Soap* (4:28)
13. Woobie (1:50)
14. Dining Room / Off To Work (3:20)
15. Fond Farewell / Hollywood (1:20)
16. Bedroom Eyes (2:34)
17. Finale (0:55)
18. Mr. Mom (End Title) (2:10)
Additional Mono Music
19. Smooth Source (2:01)
20. Monster Tunes (1:45)
21. Racing Day (1:56)
Stereo Score Presentation
22. Mr. Mom (Main Title) (2:02)
23. Fired (1:15)
24. The Bet (0:38)
25. First Day At Work / Awesome Job / A Good Day (1:16)
26. Crazy Days (2:45)
27. Man Against Vacuum (1:16)
28. More Crazy Days (Edited) (2:06)
29. Fast Exit (0:29)
30. Another Good Day (Edited) (0:55)
31. Woobie (1:50)
32. Dining Room / Off To Work (Edited) (3:10)
33. Fond Farewell / Hollywood (1:20)
34. Bedroom Eyes (Edited) (2:21)
35. Mr. Mom (End Title) (2:09)
*Contains “Nadia’s Theme (Young & Restless)” by Barry De Vorzon and Perry Botkin Jr.