Warning: Regarding the supply delays of the Dragon's Domain and Buysoundtrax labels, we are unable to predict the availability dates of their CDs. As a result, we invite you to place separate orders (only containing the CDs of these two labels) in order to avoid delaying the shipping for several weeks (from 5 to 9 weeks!). Thank you very much for your understanding.
Dragon’s Domain Records is proud to release two more unique scores composed by Lee Holdridge (BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, SPLASH) for a pair of high-profile television movies. Each film was based on the lives of real people, one battled the mob in gangster-run Chicago, and the other was the daughter of a major Mafia boss.
THE RETURN OF ELIOT NESS was the 1991 sequel to the classic THE UNTOUCHABLES (1959-1963) TV series, which fictionalized the true-life battle against organized crime in 1930s Chicago. Robert Stack returned in the role that made him famous as Ness is called out of retirement to solve the murder of one of his former associates. To capture the feel of the 1940s, Holdridge anchored his score within the jazz genre that was popular during that decade.
MAFIA PRINCESS was a 1986 telefilm adapted from Antoinette “Annette” Giancana’s biography. Susan Lucci played the lead with Tony Curtis as her father, Salvatore “Sam” Giancana. As film covered their tumultuous 40-year relationship, right up until Sam’s death in 1975, Holdridge sought inspiration from the many classic Italian folk tunes that the Giancana’s were sure to have listened to.
This third volume in Dragon’s Domain Records’ Lee Holdridge series has been mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland from the original recordings, all under the supervision and approval the composer. Exclusive liner notes by author Randall D. Larson features new interview material with maestro Holdridge.
THE RETURN OF ELIOT NESS
1. Gang War In 1947, Chicago (3:11)
2. Ness Arrives / Madeline (3:30)
3. Cafe Stakeout / "I Want Ness Dead" (2:19)
4. Investigation Montage (1:37)
5. Bigger Than Capone / Lobby Hit (1:26)
6. Bobby Threatens Finnl (1:30)
7. Raid Montagel (3:37)
8. Finn Is Murdered / Madeline And Gil (1:57)
9. Ness Finds Bobby / Madeline Seduces Gil (3:36)
10. Bedroom Scene / “I’ve Got A Job To Finish” (2:20)
11. Molto Kills Madeline / Finale (3:12)
12. Hotel Lobby (1:23)
13. Radio Jazz (2:37)
14. Night Club Band (3:11)
15. Main Titles / Sam Arrives Home (1:52)
16. Sam Sneaks Into His Parents Apartment (1:09)
17. Sam’s Return (Unused) (0:23)
18. Praying At The Dinner Table (1:11)
19. Antoinette At The Convent (2:11)
20. Antoinette Arrives In Hollywood (1:34)
21. Mourning Mom / Antoinette’s Overdose (3:03)
22. Antoinette In Bed With Spiros / The Abortion (4:50)
23. Antoinette Opens Up / Dinner With Jimmy (4:00)
24. Sam’s Death / End Credits (3:48)
25. First Communion (2:31)
26. Smith's Speakeasy (4:25)
27. Night Club (3:01)
28. Tarantella Napoletana (2:41)
29. Wedding Dance (2:11)
30. Studio Chatter (0:14)
Total Time: 73:40