From small beginnings as a local cinema and university event, Film Fest Gent has grown yearly in stature and is now recognised as one of the major destinations for the film industry. A vital component is the celebration of film music in the shape of the World Soundtrack Awards which pays tribute to the very best composers at work in the world of cinema. This release celebrates 20 years of the awards, showcasing composers who have been honoured in the past.
It includes the first commercially available recording of Gabriel Yared's rejected score from Troy alongside scores especially arranged by the original composers.
1. World Soundtrack Awards Fanfare Elmer Bernstein
2. Red Sparrow Overture James Newton Howard
3. Fear–Main Title Carter Burwell
4. Hable con ella–Soy Marco Alberto Iglesias
5. Cobb Suite
6. Troy Suite - Gabriel Yared
7. When at Last the Wind Lulled Jóhann Jóhannsson & Rutger Hoedemaekers
8. Hook–The Face of Pan John Williams
9. Succession Suite
10. Monsoon Wedding Suite
11. The Imitation Game Suite
12. Murder on the Orient Express–Never Forget Instrumental Version
13. Star Trek, into Darkness and Beyond Suite
14. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me–The Voice of Love Angelo Badalamenti
15. Tribute to the Film Composer John Williams, arr.