Music Composed by James Bernard
Pre-order now. Item will be dispatched as soon as it is available
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 10/25/2019
By buying this product you can collect up to 1 loyalty point. Your cart will total 1 loyalty point that can be converted into a voucher of 0,25 €.
CD AVAILABLE LATE OCTOBER 2019
World Premiere Recordings of the Complete Scores from Two Classic Hammer Films of the 1950s.
THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN starred Peter Cushing as Baron Victor Frankenstein and Christopher Lee as The Creature. This outstanding 1957 horror film began a whole series of films starring these two great icons of terror and was one of the best movies from Hammer Productions.
DRACULA, made in 1958, also starred Peter Cushing (as Doctor Van Helsing) and Christopher Lee (as Count Dracula). It is difficult to overestimate the significance of DRACULA as it set the tone for Hammer’s movie output over the next two decades when British horror films were among the most admired and popular films. DRACULA created international stars out of Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.
The music for both these films was composed by James Bernard, who created music for many more classic Hammer films including: SHE * THE QUATERMASS XPERIMENT * THE DAMNED * DRACULA: PRINCE OF DARKNESS * THE DEVIL RIDES OUT * TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA * THE LEGEND OF THE 7 GOLDEN VAMPIRES.
A distinctive trait in Bernard’s Hammer scores is their use of clashing harmonies, often created by doubling a motif a tone higher, as in his famous Dracula theme. His music is also frenzied and pacey at times, frequently making use of percussion such as timpani and snares. He could also write lush, romantic melodies, however. such as appearing in FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMEN, TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA and SCARS OF DRACULA. -TADLOW MUSIC
• Newly Recorded in Stunning and Dynamic Digital Sound
• Performed by the Acclaimed and Award-Winning City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Conducted by Nic Raine
• New Score and Bernard’s own Orchestrations Reconstructed by Leigh Phillips
• 20-Page Full-Colour Booklet with Informative Sleeve Notes by Hammer Film Music Expert David Huckvale, plus numerous original film stills and posters.
• OVER 70 MINUTES OF MUSIC • Includes Bonus Track “Rhapsody for Lucy” Composed by Leigh Phillips from the Dracula Theme by James Bernard
THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN
1. Main Title From The Curse of Frankenstein (1:48)
2. A Brilliant Intellect / It’s Alive (4:31)
3. The Gibbet (3:39)
4. An Offer of Help / Goodnight Professor / The Professor’s Brain (4:56)
5. The Creature / He’s Gone (2:48)
6. The Creature and the Blind Man / You Shoot Well / I’ll Give You Life Again (2:59)
7. Justine’s Fate (4:12)
8. Get Up / Final Confrontation / The Guillotine (9:06)
9. Main Title From Dracula (1:53)
11. Plan Revealed / Plea for Help / Dracula’s Rage (5:22)
12. The Mausoleum / Harker Stakes the Bride / Empty Casket (4:58)
13. The Diary / Van Helsing Finds Harker (2:06)
14. Sleep Well / Dracula Seduces Lucy (2:07)
15. Lucy’s Second Encounter / Garlic Flowers (2:36)
16. Aunt Lucy / Lucy Is Released (3:29)
17. Mina Ensnared / It Was There (1:09)
18. Allergic Reaction / Mina’s Submission (2:55)
19. Bloodstained Mina / The Cellar (1:00)
20. The Final Battle (4:34)
21. Rhapsody for Lucy (Lucie) (4:14)
Composed by Leigh Phillips based on a theme by James Bernard