Music Composed by Mario Nascimbene
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available
Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 1 point. Your cart will total 1 point that can be converted into a voucher of 0,25 €.
Beat Records releases for the first time on CD two scores that highlight the versatility of Mario Nascimbene, one of the biggest names in international film music. Le soldatesse is a 1965 war movie directed by Valerio Zurlini in which the horrors and suffering in Greece during 1941 are seen through the eyes of a group of prostitutes destined to entertain some soldiers. Greek bouzouki music is essential, of course, but very powerful, alternated with dramatic symphonic passages. In addition to the material featured on the promotional mono RCA 33 rpm album of that period, we discovered on the original master tapes that the soundtrack was also recorded in fabulous stereo sound, which we include here for completeness.
Vado a vedere il mondo, capisco tutto e torno (1973) highlights the cheerful, romantic side of Maestro Nascimbene, who wrote the playful theme song "Swing Swing" in both a vocal version and in catchy instrumental versions with a groovy beat. A couple of tracks also feature the legendary Franco De Gemini on harmonica.
Now available in our BCM series with a 12-page booklet designed by Alessio Innuzzi using original key art, with liner notes (in Italian and English) by Pier Maria Bocchi and mastering by Claudio Fuiano.
The original album (mono)
1. PRELUDIO DRAMMATICO 3:14
2. TEMA DI EFTIKIA 1:46
3. BALLATA DEL CAMION 1:59
4. SIRTAKI DI EFTIKIA 1:05
5. TEMA DI EFTIKIA (# 2) 2:53
6. ASSALTO AL CAMION 3:32
7. FUCILAZIONE DEI PARTIGIANI 3:21
8. INCONTRO DI MARTINO ED EFTIKIA 4:56
9. FINALE 0:47
Bonus tracks (stereo premiere)
10. PRELUDIO DRAMMATICO (# 2) 3:15
11. TEMA DI EFTIKIA (# 3) 1:47
12. BALLATA DEL CAMION (# 2) 1:59
13. SIRTAKI DI EFTIKIA (# 2) 1:05
14. ASSALTO AL CAMION (# 2) 6:25
15. TEMA DI EFTIKIA (# 4) 1:27
16. INCONTRO DI MARTINO ED EFTIKIA 4:59
17. TEMA DI EFTIKIA (# 5) 1:29
18. FINALE (# 2) 0:46
VADO A VEDERE IL MONDO, CAPISCO TUTTO E TORNO
19. SWING SWING (Titoli vocal) 2:41
20. VADO A VEDERE IL MONDO, CAPISCO TUTTO E TORNO (il viaggio) 2:32
21. SWING SWING (bossa) 2:28
22. VADO A VEDERE IL MONDO, CAPISCO TUTTO E TORNO (jazzistico) 3:28
23. SWING SWING (romantico pop) 2:36
24. VADO A VEDERE IL MONDO, CAPISCO TUTTO E TORNO (folk beat) 3:37
25. SWING SWING (clavicembalo pop) 2:45
26. SWING SWING (tema d’amore) 3:19
27. VADO A VEDERE IL MONDO, CAPISCO TUTTO E TORNO (il viaggio # 2) 1:44
28. SWING SWING (Titoli strum.) 2:41